Jomsom Muktinath Trek 12 days
Jomsom Muktinath Trek is one of the most popular treks in the Annapurna area. Also, it is called Lower Mustang trek and connected to upper mustang trekking. Besides this trek does not only offer a magical landscape and a great adventure but also offers diverse cultures and rural habitats.
The Jomsom Muktinath Trek is the typical tea-house trek which includes some of the best trekking lodges in Nepal, and Most significantly, you will see the famous temple of Lord Muktinath which lies in the district of Mustang. It is located about 18km northeast of Jomsom (3,802m). The main place of pilgrimage is a pagoda temple dedicated to Lord Vishnu. 108 water taps here pour sacred water. The temple is situated on a high mass range. It is thought that one should visit this temple after competing pilgrimages of four Dhams in India. The Jwala Mai temple close by contains a spring and an everlasting flame fed by natural gas underground. Also, Muktinath is the place who come across from Thorong la pass an Annapurna Circuit Trek.
Kathmandu Valley- Pokhara- Nayapul – Tikhedhunga – Ghorepani Poon hill – Tatopani – Kali Gandaki River – Ghasa – Tukuche – Jomsom -Kagbeni – Muktinath Tempel – and back to Jomsom.
- you are going to the city of lakes Pokhara to enjoy the panoramic sunset view on Phewa Lake.
- Ghorepani Poon Hill waterfall, rice terrace and the white mountains change their colours during sunsets.
- The route will pass by three out of ten highest mountains around the world: Dhaulagiri, Annapurna and Manaslu.
- The Kali Gandaki Riverwalk where water rages through the Himalayas with its beautiful white peak view, some people believe that washing in the Hot spring (Tatopani) guarantees salvation after death.
- Buddhists believe that Guru Rinpoche meditated area of Kaligandaki, and to all, it is the source of fossilized ammonites.
- The culture mix between Thakali, Gurung, Sarki, Damai and Kami
- The ethnic groups who are living from Jomsom and Muktinath region have a different culture and customs than the rest of Nepal. They have different thicker dresses called “Bakhu” which worn in colder areas, especially on top of the mountains.
- Last but not least, this trip brings peace and happiness to the soul and mind thanks to the remarkable unique Annapurna region.
- On top of that, Nepal Wilderness Trekking agency provides the most valuable price for the Jomsom Muktinath Trek=$970 per person + $100 for single supplements.
review By Shahenda M
on August 5, 2019.
Thanks to Nepal wilderness Trekking and our guide Lal Gurung the trek was so good. The landscapes were magical and also the diversity in cultures of Gurung, Sarki, Damahi and Thakali living on the Jomsom and Muktinath region were inspiring. As well as the city…More»