Entry Procedure to nepal
Entry Procedure to nepalentry procedure for Nepal
Entry Procedure to Nepal
There are two ways to enter Nepal, by air and by road. The air journey is more easy and comfortable than by road. Almost 90% of the tourists enter through the Tribhuvan International Airport which is 5 miles or 8 kilometres from the heart of Kathmandu.
The major international airlines that operate scheduled services to Nepal are Royal Nepal Airlines Corporation(NAC), Aeroflot Russian Airlines, British Airways, Biman Bangladesh, China South West Airlines, Druk Air Bhutan, Gulf Air, Indian Airlines, Lufthansa, Pakistan International Airlines, Singapore Airlines, Thai Airways International, Transavia Airlines and Qatar Airlines.
There are several entry points by land route. Among many entry points, Birganj, Belahia, and Kakarvita are popular entry points at India-Nepal border, while Kodari entry point is at Tibet ( China )- Nepal border.
Entry/ Exit Points in Nepal
The entry and exit points for the purpose of the foreigners entering into and departing from Nepal are following. The Immigration offices at such points are opened 24 hours. Entering and departing from other places except the point is treated as the violation of the Immigration Act and the Regulation.
- Immigration Office, Tribhuvan International Airport, Kathmandu
- Immigration Office, Kakarvitta, Jhapa (Eastern Nepal)
- Immigration Office, Birganj, Parsa (Central Nepal)
- Immigration Office, Kodari, Sindhupalchowk (Northern Border)
- Immigration Office, Belahia, Bhairahawa (Rupandehi, Western Nepal)
- Immigration Office, Jamunaha, Nepalgunj (Banke, Mid Western Nepal)
- Immigration Office, Mohana, Dhangadhi (Kailali, Far Western Nepal)
- Immigration Office, Gaddachauki, Mahendranagar (Kanchanpur, Far Western Nepal)
- Immigration Office, Pokhara (not the entry point)